“They are angels. They really helped our mother get through the longest moments of her cancer.”
We Are Here For You
CALL 911 if you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency. Call our office only after you have made arrangements to get to the Emergency Room.
CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE
- Fever 100.5 F. degrees or greater
- Uncontrollable nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Pain is not well controlled
- Chest pains or shortness of breath
- Severe shaking or chills
- Bleeding from any location including skin, nose, gums and genital areas
- Blood in the urine or stool
- Black, tarry bowel movement
- Changes to skin at the radiation therapy site
- Constipation with intense abdominal cramping
- Changes in your vision or hearing
- Symptoms you are concerned about
We are happy to refill the medications we originally prescribed or are monitoring.
- Allow 72 hours to get prescriptions approved, signed or called in
- By law, your pharmacy must have a written prescription for narcotics such as Percocet, MS Contin, Oxycontin or Dilaudid. You may either come to the office and pick the prescription up or allow five days for it to be mailed to you. No narcotic prescriptions may be written on the weekends or holidays.
DURING OFFICE HOURS
Our nurses return calls as quickly as they can. Please let us know if your need is urgent. Calls for test results and prescription refills will be returned after urgent patient needs are met. Non-emergency phone calls may be returned in the late afternoon after all patients are seen. If you send a message using My Healing Plan patient portal, you should expect a return call or message within one business day. Please do not send urgent messages such as bleeding, fever, pain, shortness of breath, or chest pain to our team using My Healing Plan.
AFTER HOURS CARE
Our answering service will contact our “on-call” oncologist after hours, weekends and on observed holidays. Our answering service does not schedule appointments. You may leave non-emergency messages on our office phone after hours. We check messages the next business day.
Talk To A Team Member Today
We know you have a choice about where you get your cancer care but we hope you’ll choose us. Here are the top reasons why we believe Laurel Cancer Care is the best choice:
- We use the most advanced therapies available.
- Our doctor is specially trained and board certified. Meet Dr. L. Cameron Pimperl!
- Our medical, technical and support staff are experts at what they do. Meet the team!
- Our treatment plans follow national guidelines and are the same protocols as those used by the top academic cancer centers.
- We work as a one team that is closely coordinated, with one focus.
- We want everyone to feel like family.
- We keep close tabs on your physical, mental and emotional well-being because we care about quality of life.
- You get to stay close to home, surrounded by the love and support of your family and friends.