We treat our patients like they’re a member of our own family
We treat cancer using state-of-the art technologies and therapies
We deliver care with compassion, empathy and respect
Why choose Laurel Cancer Care?
We know you have a choice about where you get your cancer care but we hope you’ll choose us. Here are the top reasons why we believe Laurel Cancer Care is the best choice:
- We use the most advanced therapies available.
- Our doctor is specially trained and board certified. Meet Dr. L. Cameron Pimperl!
- Our medical, technical and support staff are experts at what they do. Meet the team!
- Our treatment plans follow national guidelines and are the same protocols as those used by the top academic cancer centers.
- We work as a one team that is closely coordinated, with one focus.
- We want everyone to feel like family.
- We keep close tabs on your physical, mental and emotional well-being because we care about quality of life.
- You get to stay close to home, surrounded by the love and support of your family and friends.
Your experience is unique
Receiving a diagnosis of cancer is emotional, scary, overwhelming and can make you feel like you’ve lost control. Your cancer and the way you respond to treatments are individual and personal. Most people know about cancer through the experience of someone else, often a family member or friend. There are many types of cancer and other people’s experiences will not be the same as yours. We encourage you to express your emotions, ask questions and allow us to teach you how to be an advocate for yourself. We will help you keep a positive attitude, which is so important for your healing and well-being. Staying close to home for your care reduces the stress and financial burdens associated with traveling to larger cities and coordinating travel schedules.
Several cancers today have excellent outcomes and can be cured with new technologies and advancements. In other cases, treatments may be given which either extend or maintain your quality of life. The first step to regaining control and alleviating much of your anxiety is to educate yourself about your cancer. Few cancers require emergency treatment so you have time to learn about your diagnosis and treatment options. We encourage you to ask questions and seek additional medical information.
There are many websites with information about cancer. In addition to our site and the information provided on My Healing Plan, we recommend using reliable sources, including The American Cancer Society and The National Cancer Institute.